Creative Teamwork Environment for Computer Science Education
Project leader: Prof. Yuri G. Karpov
Project IT leader: Associate Prof. Peter V. Trifonov
Distributed Computing and Networking Department has been announced among winners of the Hewlett-Packard Innovation in Education Grant Initiative '2009 Contest. The proposed project "Creative Teamwork Environment for Computer Science Education" addresses the following major tasks:
- Schooling computer engineers highly competent in modern software technologies, including parallel programming.
- Development of interactive teamwork learning environment stimulating students for deeper studying.
- Providing profound hands-on experience to the students via integration of modern modeling technologies into the educational process.
- Deployment of currently available communication techniques for broader knowledge dissemination.
Currently the donated equipment is used for:
- delivering the lectures of department professors via the Internet;
- training the students in the area of parallel programming (activity supported by Intel Corp.);
- providing interactive educational resources.
- implementing open videolessons to high school students.
- enabling students to access remotely the computing resources and software licenses
We are working on incorporating further innovative tecnologies into our educational process.