In years 2009 and 2010 the department has received donations from the Hewlett-Packard company, including some high-end computing equipment. Additionally, we are using the money earned from industrial research contracts for purchasing computers, software and other supplies.
Currently the department is equipped with:
- 24 PCs with Intel Core 2/Core i7 grade CPUs, 4 GB RAM.
- 5 HP mobile workstations (Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM)
- server (8-core, 24 GB RAM).
Educational and Scientific
The department by itself and as a part of University participates in academic programs of Intel, IBM, VMWare and other companies. This enables the faculty and students to utilize the cutting edge software for their research and education. Currently the following software is available at department workplaces:
- Intel software development tools (compilers, profiler, libraries);
- IBM ILOG optimization suite;
- IBM software development tools, including Rational Purify and Rational Rhapsody;
- AnyLogic, MvStudium and MLDesigner simulation tools;
- Matlab and Mathcad engineering calculation suites;
The departmental datacenter utilized VMWare VSphere software to implement the cloud computing concept. This enables one to quickly deploy new services, redistribute computing resources and provide access to them to faculty and students. The following services are deployed on the virtualized servers:
- MS Office Communication Server conferencing system, which enables us to establish conference with any point in the world. It is used by the faculty to provide lectures remotely while traveling abroad.
- Mathcad Application Server calculation suite.
- Virtual desktop system, which enables the faculty to implement lab sessions with potentially destructive tasks, like operating system setup and configuration.
- Sakai course management software.
Polytechnicheskaya str., 21, office 104
194021, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
The department is located on the ground floor of the SPbSPU 9th building .
Department head: Prof. Yuri G. Karpov
no news in this list.